Friday, June 26, 2009

Braces: Day 3. Friday June 26th, 2009

Today was day 3 of my braces experience. The day where things (slowly) begin to look up in the pain stage of braces. I'd been looking forward to this day ever since Thursday night when I went to sleep. I kept thinking to myself, "when you wake up tomorrow morning, you're going to be all better."

Was I ever wrong.

Sure, my teeth weren't as sore as they'd been yesterday morning upon waking up. But I didn't even think about that because my whole entire mouth felt sore, particularly my right cheek. You know how I stated in my last entry that my whole mouth felt swollen? Well when I took a good look in the mirror, I finally figured out what was causing the problem.

There is a white canker sore on the inside of my cheek, a really puffy one =[. That explained why I felt as if my mouth was swollen; the sore combined with the poky wires was making me feel all puffy. My mouth would barely open to even have breakfast (mini muffin tops again); it hurt so badly. I tried Advil and cold compresses to reduce the puffiness but they only barely took the edge off. This combined with the piece of wire that kept catching my lip caused me to have a huge meltdown right there in the bathroom. And I mean chest-heaving sobs, tissue grabbing meltdown (of course this may have had to do with the MJ videos I watched that were all over YouTube, who knows). I was also feeling crummy because I was supposed to have gone out to lunch with my aunt Mari and she ended up bailing on me so I ended up spending another day at home, feeling sorry for myself and putting together something remotely decent for lunch (two Red Baron microwaveable french bread pizzas, 5 cheese and garlic) and then putting together my story for the June summer issue of The Chronicle.

A couple of hours later, Mom came home and we did our usual Friday night trip to the Pizza Hut in Munster. This time we diverged from our usual orders and gave the Personal Panormous Pizza a try (sausage with no sauce) and some pizza rolls stuffed with cheese, they were great! =] For anyone who's interested, if you're looking for a small pizza, the Panormous is the way to go. It has four huge slices and more than enough for two people to share.

After dinner, we went to Walgreen's and bought some more dental appliances; a Waterpik (btw, it's super fun to play squirt gun with as I found out lol), some colored "dent-a-picks" and, my new favorite lotion, Ambesol (or Anbesol, I forgot) to apply to my canker sore. I highly reccomend it for braces wearers; it numbs the sore almost instantly and gives it a protective coating that made my mouth feel almost normal again and not swelled up. Plus, there's no limit or anything; you can use it as much as you want. I'm planning to put some on again soon!

Also, as I was putting on the Anbesol, Mom found that there was a small piece of wire attached to the back molar band that was the cause of my canker sore. We're either going to let Dino cut it or she'll cut it herself with wire cutters. Anyway, I'm just thrilled to know the cause of the problem and hopefully my lip-catching problem will go away too once I find a way to adjust the little pointy hook so that it doesn't pinch without breaking anything else =].

Braces Countdown: 3 days down, 362 more days to go! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment