Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Braces: Week 1: June 30th 2009

It's now been one week since I got my braces on and after one hell of an emotional roller coaster week, things are finally beginning to look up =].

On Saturday, I found one of the best braces inventions ever to be created at Target; WAX! You all may not believe it but Dino never gave me a package of wax to take home. Idk if it was because he thought I wouldn't have problems or if he didn't like handing it out, idk but the instant I put that ball of wax on that pokey wire and that little hook that caught my lip, my God, it was like the best feeling in the world, to finally feel my mouth returning to normal. Over the course of that whole weekend my canker sores were beginning to shrink and it all had to do with that wax =].

However, I still wanted to get the wire fixed for good (because I had to take the wax off before going to sleep) so on Monday, Mom tried calling Dino's office to see if he could squeeze me in for an appointment. As was expected, he was completely booked for the day (this place sucks at handling emergencies lol) so we had to book an appointment for the following day (today) for 4:00, which is of course, right after I get out of work on a long, hard day. I didn't really care though; I was just so excited to finally not have my mouth poke me anymore.

After work, Mari took me to Dino's and since we got there at around 3:15, the blond lady who worked at the front desk actually took me in the back herself to cut the wire off with wire cutters (which I didn't think she knew how to do lol). I will never forget her reaction when she saw how big that wire was in the back; she was like "Oh!" lol. It took less than two minutes to do and not only did she cut off that pokey wire, but there were also other wires in the back of my mouth on each side that weren't as long but still didn't need to be there. She cut all of those off and now my braces end at the molar bands with no wires sticking out at the end of them, just like they should have looked last week =]. The actual cutting of the wires, I'm not going to lie, was kind of uncomfortable, like it felt like she was going to cut the whole bracket off, but she didn't. And it was such a relief to finally get the wires cut off and be able to walk out of there with no wax on and with my mouth feeling normal for the first time since before my braces were put on =]. I've been smiling and opening my mouth and laughing for the rest of the night since then because now I am no longer in pain. I'm finally feeling like myself again, even with braces, and it's feeling absolutely wonderful! =]

I'll write back next week with another update, unless I have another braces quirk that I want to write about in here! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment