Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Braces: Week 7: August 12, 2009

I'm now going on week 7 with my braces and everything is going pretty well. The gap on my trouble tooth is closing immensely as well as the two teeth on the other side of it. The bite is also improving; my front teeth barely overlap my bottom teeth anymore, which is awesome! =]

The wire that I'd complained about in my last entry has gotten much, much, much better =]. My sore and cuts have healed over and I have not worn even one piece of wax since Monday because my mouth has not had any problems; I guess it just toughened up on its own which is good because now I don't have to worry about going back to Dino's until my next appointment on September 2nd. One new thing I have learned: when they change a wire there is a 100% chance that regardless of what wires have been in your mouth before, it will cut your mouth up anyway lol. Still hanging in there with my rubber band stash; I have enough to make it through the rest of this week, and possibly next week and the week after as well but Mom did say that she'd be able to go pick up an extra package for me or call them up and ask if they'd be so kind to mail a package so I'm not too worried; it's just the paranoia side of me.

Speaking of paranoia, the bumper sleeve that Dino put on my bottom wire is not very sturdy; a piece of it came off either due to something I ate or brushing my teeth a few days ago. Idk if that's worth an emergency appointment; I'm leaning towards no because it's not like a wire or anything, just a piece of freaking blue string so I'm going to just leave it alone for now, especially since the majority of the sleeve is still intact =].

I'll write back next week guys! ♥

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you surpassed the excruciating first two weeks. It took me a solid two months before all went well with my braces. Ibuprofen meds had become my brand of candies because of the soreness hurts like hell. But when I get the hang of it, every pain the I experienced was worth it!
    Rae Screen

    ReplyDelete